Laurie Lamson helps businesses, production companies, movie producers, documentary filmmakers, screenwriters, authors and other artists bring their entertainment, education and promotional projects to life.
• Humanity and compassion in each project – full awareness that we all have value – both creators and audiences.
• Connect with each project, learn something new, continue to develop skills and deepen understanding of dramatic structure.
• Find a way to make even dry material compelling and entertaining.
• Ability to gracefully handle controversial topics. For example, script series for U.S. Army SHARP (Sexual Harrassment/Assault Response and Prevention), book editing for Penis Envy and Selling Sex in the 21st Century.
• Good communication – everyone listens and is heard and shares necessary information. Clarity saves time and frustration.
• Focus on helping each project shine in its own way without imposing a personal agenda.
• Commitment to see projects through and meet all deadlines while honoring client’s needs and wishes.
• Mutual respect. Clients, collaborators and vendors are all providing something of value. Everyone must feel good about the “transaction.”
Client & Colleague Comments