Laurie is a seasoned writer and creative collaborator who thrives on the challenge of helping tell great stories.IMDB Profile
• Filmmaking background provides deep understanding of writing for the screen, from PSAs and short educational scripts to feature screenplays.
• Creative adaptation of book to screen.
• Providing the polish to any text: strong ability to revise and tighten sentences for increased clarity and readability. Intuitive sense of grammar.
• Solution-oriented and learn from every experience.
Passion for empowering the creativity of others:
• Extensive experience consulting, coaching, editing, proofing for screenwriters and authors.
• Edited three writing exercise anthology books in the Now Write! series.
• Put together/moderate contributors from Now Write! books for panels at writers’ events.
• Hosted telecons for International Screenwriters Association for three years.
• Developed and taught creative writing workshops for at-risk teen girls through Free Arts for Abused Children.
• Working with Goddard Entertainment who optioned a TV project – Laurie’s adaptation of three historical novels by Jeane Slone.
• Wrapping up a series of 30 short video and radio scripts for the U.S. Army SHARP department (Sexual Harrassment/Assault Response and Prevention.)